Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Artist Profile - Belinda Ross, Durban North KZN

Although a newcomer to the SmART ART exhibitions and blog, Belinda Ross is in no way that to the world of art and exhibitions...........when asked about her life, her art and the paintings she will be submitting - Autumn Blaze of Colour 450 x 450 (left) and Aged Trees in the Woods 800 x 500 (bottom) - Belinda had this to say:


I am a home based artist currently residing in Durban North. My family and I moved here 3 years ago from Johannesburg and love the relaxed life coastal living brings. I am the proud mother of three daughters.
I was brought up on a farm in the Eastern Cape and have always been inspired by landscapes. I am passionate about the colours and textures found in nature. I have been painting all my life and completed a diploma in textile design many years ago as well as a higher diploma in Botanical drawing!
I work primarily in oils and my enjoy painting large canvases the most! Most of my paintings are full of colour and I have recently done alot of work inspired from a trip to the Underberg in Autumn. The colours in the Japanese maple trees and oak trees just blew me away.



A succinct yet evocative statement from a very personal point of view !!

It's indeed a pleasure to have Belinda's work showcased on the Emergence Exhibtion!!

No comments: