Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Diane (Dinky) Jacob, Umhlanga -KZN



Dinky's striking ink & acrylics are as vibrant
as her personality!!
Not given to shyness in her approach to life and her
painting - Dinky is quite open in telling her story.....

To quote:" Ever since I can remember, line and colour have interested me. As a child I was always drawing, colouring-in or painting.
At school I studied Art for Matric (as an eighth subject) with Cecil Skotnes.
As the years progressed, I went to Chicago with my family for my Husbands' studies. There I went on numerous Art courses and met Robert Burdige who has influenced my style and colour. Over the years, I have found more and more time to pursue my passion, art.
My first love is watercolours, although I am now painting more and more in acrylic. I like the fact that it is quick drying and bright.
I plan to spend many more happy hours in this activity and hope to grow and improve, as I feel that an artist is forever learning."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinky's work looks incredible. Where can one buy it?

Vanessa and Walter Hurlimann said...

I act an agent for the artists and would only be too happy to assist you. If there are any works on the post that you are interested in and /or should you wish to pursue the matter further, kindly advise your email/contact details.