Monday, April 7, 2008

Artist Highlight - Lesley Freeman, Durban North - KZN



I am so pleased to have Lesley,
well known and much admired artist
and art teacher,on board for this exhibition!!



Leslie somehow manages to balance the act as teacher and artist in a manner that bears testimony to the level of her commitment in attaining and maintaining high standards.


Her creative talent is not limited to a specific medium -
but is beautifully ....and equally, unfolded in media
such as oils, ink acrylics, watercolours and pastels (as shown on this post).









I asked Lesley why she paints - a wide eyed response is what I got and I quote:


" It's my life!! I don't know any other.................can't imagine not painting. I'm waiting to retire so that I can just paint,paint,paint......."



1 comment:

Marian said...

Lovely to see such lovely paintings by my art teacher Lesley -I was a student of hers in late 90s. Please pass on my love

marian.paterson@wanadoo.fr