Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Artist Highlight - Sharon Goulding, Durban North - KZN






Sharon's eye for her subject matter is what first attracted me to her paintings - not driven
by the buyer's market - she pursues the unusual and interesting ......as a result her paintings unfold with dollops of character and charm!



Sharon was at first hard pressed to 'write' something down for me -i.e. when asked to give a reason why she paints - guess she's more comfortable with brush in hand.........






However, she obliged and....herewith why Sharon paints - to quote:



" I gave up my business two years ago and happened to see an ad for art classes - I was immediately drawn to it and knew that I just had to look in to it!! I haven't looked back....I just love to paint! Not a day goes by that I dont get 'itchy' fingers - painting has now become something that I just have to do. I see a painting in everything I look at - sky, trees, photos ......I'm not able to paint fast enough to capture it all.....YET..."


I however, think that Sharon's doing just fine!!

No comments: