Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Artist Highlight - Colleen Barker, Durban North - KZN

Colleen is one of those 'together' artists!!- So organised within her realm of creativity - it's been a pleasure having Colleen on board for all of the exhibitions!..............what she promises, she delivers!!

She has a keen eye for colour and form and is equally at home with oils & pastels.

Her subjects are diverse - she's not afraid of going out on a limb....as seen in the photos of her 2 paintings "All things bright & beautiful" below................





Colleen gave me a brief history " I started painting with Sheila Walton at P.E.Technicon 30 years ago. When we moved to Durban, I became a student of Lesley Freeman - where I've been for the last 5 years. I love art of ANY KIND!!...and choose to work mainly in oils & pastels"

No comments: