Thursday, May 28, 2009

POET: Allen Foyn, Durban



Poetry...on the SmART blog page??? Absolutely!!!
Indeed an awakening.....

A poet's autobiography is his poetry. Anything else is just a footnote. ~Yevgeny Yentushenko, The Sole Survivor, 1982


As an introduction to and an incorporation of, the performing arts, the launching of Allen's book , The Palette of a Pondering Poet, will take place on the night of the opening of the Exhibition, 24th June
There will be a reading of selected poetry relevant to the evening.

An individual, like a finger print is unique, as is their art. The way we see things is likewise, unique. In writing poetry I find a voice for my soul, and when words fail me, I find painting can convey what other mediums cannot. Originally three friends sitting around a table at a coffee shop sparked off the idea of a book, which was to be a collaborative effort, as the self imposed deadlines grew nearer I found I alone had made strides toward the goal, So I undertook to complete the project myself. My poetry consumed many a long night, and after a year of writing, editing, design and layout, my book, 'The Palette of a Pondering Poet', was born. My father is an avid painter, so naturally, when looking for graphics, I approached him about combining my poetry with his paintings, and in so doing was introduced to a world of the brush and the palette. (Allen Foyn)

Herewith an exerpt from one of Allen's poems entitled

Forgotten Wonders

Flying marvels soon gather near,

As if they've come to hear

The soft sung song of life is revealed,

Giving voice to that which was once
concealed.

Whilst gathering specks of yellow gold,

Each receives something of value untold.

Although they appear as mere works of art,

Each creates its future child's heart.





1 comment:

casa da poesia said...

Welcome!!!...

"Negema wangu binti"