Thursday, March 12, 2009

Artist: Maureen Lesser - Umdloti

Maureen is a newcomer to the site; but not to the world of arts and craft..... I asked her to provide a little background info:-


(Green Point Lighthouse -Cape-1824)

Born in Johannesburg where I lived and worked until my relocation to KZN in 2002.
I enjoy my craft making, and try to make items that are useful and nice to have, rather than ornamental.
My main interest as far as painting goes, lies in charcoal sketching. I attended The Johannesburg Art Foundation
for 2 years, where I developed the interest in and use of charcoal.
I am also keen on digital photography.


(Umhlanga Lighthouse - 1954)

Maureen is an artist that enjoys persuing varied and creatively challenging avenues, hence her newest venture - 3Dimensional models, of South Africa's most popular Lighthouses, which are molded by hand and painted in acrylic....very charming collector's pieces!!

The framed lighthouses are 210mm x 170mm - a good size for hanging a series of lighthouses!!

This is just the start of Maureen's 3D project though, as she intends to work on a series of Zulu ,and other, huts.

We look forward to an update...watch this space!!







Cape Agulhas











Umhlanga, KZN

No comments: